Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jogging my way to 5 K!

So DH and I have signed up to run the Color Me Rad run.  If you've never heard of it, google it!  Here's a promo photo from them:


I mean, how awesomesauce does that look?

So let the training begin.  I recently hit the "being able to run for 20 minutes at one go" milestone *Yay!!* and I'm so stinkin' proud of myself.  It's such a big life goal for me to be able to compete in a 5k and then a 10k and I'm so close to being able to accomplish it this year!

I'm also hoping that all of this running helps me drop the 12 lbs I put on with my whole thyroid fiasco (quick recap: viral thyroiditis this summer resulted in an overactive thyroid for a brief period, followed by months of underactive thyroid to now, finally, back to normal). 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the running - that's awesome! I hear the Color Run is super fun - have a great time!

    ReplyDelete