Monday, June 17, 2013

Growing a Garden

We had a busy busy busy Father's Day this year!  Hubby never wants to do anything that I consider conventional, like attend an amusement park or take Owen to the zoo or something like that.  He doesn't want to go fishing, or drinking beer with his buddies, nope, he wants to be outside and working on our home.

So for Father's Day 2013, DH built me a raised garden!  I've been trying to try for years to grow a garden full of veggies that we could eat, even if we only got a carrot or two.  Most of the time I get started and then forget all about my garden and it gets neglected and dies out without ever producing a single edible plant.  C'est la vie.  This year will be different because now I have a raised planter to keep out the animals and (hopefully) ants

Before:


And After I painted it with some left over stain and paint I had kicking around:



Notice the little rocks that we painted and labelled so we know what's where and what's what!!

Now, to keep them watered and my fingers crossed that we can get something edible this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment